COVID-19 UPDATE BELOW
Clarence and Elsie Crume started Crume's Monuments in 1951. The business stayed small and Clarence sold to family, friends, and local families. All the monuments were ordered finished and Clarence would install in the nearby cemeteries. Their son Phillip Crume lived in
Louisville and would come down and help with installations. Later Phillip started selling a few monuments in the Louisville area and started to learn cemetery lettering.
Phillip moved back to Caneyville in 1977 and became more active in the business. In 1980, Clarence passed away suddenly and Phillip had to take over the business. In 1981 our first shop was opened and we started carving and lettering our own monuments. By having the shop we could control quality and improve production.
In 1982 Phillip's son Mike started working in the shop and helping with installations. In 1986 Phillip's youngest son Mark joined the business in sales.
Crume's Monument opened in 1951 by Clarence & Elsie Crume. In 1980 Phillip Crume son of Clarence & Elsie took over the family business. 1982 we opened our carving and lettering shop then later on 1995 we opened our new shop and office.
Owner of Crume's Monuments, Phillip floats everywhere in the business to insure quality work and excellent customer service. From working in the shop hands on with the monuments and in the office helping families start the ordering process.
Mark Crume is located in his office helping families start the ordering and designing process. Mark has capability to show families exactly what their monument will look like with advanced technology right in his office.
Mike Crume works in the shop getting monuments prepped and sandblasted. When not in the shop working on monumenst he is out in the cemeteries cutting death dates.